Project Stop & Splurge: Day 9

It’s Day 9 and I’m very proud of myself. We went to the mall last weekend and I’m happy to report that I only bought essentials. They will be posted in the other categories of this blog.  I almost failed but I was able to hold back. The trick is to avoid the stores I am most likely to buy from. But sometimes I tend to be a masochist and intentionally visit them especially my favorite ones. So yeah, it’s hard.

If you’re a shopaholic, another way to tame your addiction is by watching the show My Shopping Addiction on cable. They feature shopping addicts that are out of this world in my book. I guess I’m pretty lame compared to them. I watch this show to compare my shopping habits to theirs. If that show does not give you a reality check, I don’t know what will.

In other news, even my Project No Baby Buys is doing well. It’s Day 13 and so far I have resisted the sale items at Baby Company. I finally finished November and I know December is going to be brutal for this project. Oh, I need strength!

Comments

Popular Posts