Tanigue with Soy-Calamansi Glaze

IMG_7159

I suck at fish dishes mainly because I only like them fried or in sinigang. Over the years, I have learned that there are very few fish dishes that I like that are not fried. 

I know I need to incorporate some fish in my diet because I’m getting tired of beef and chicken already so I made this simple tanigue dish. This is very easy to make that even if you are a beginner, you can easily pull this off.

Here’s what you need to do. Fry the tanigue filets and set aside. I cooked them in butter and oil. For the glaze, put some soy sauce, calamansi juice, pepper, honey and oyster sauce in a bowl. Whisk them together. Put the fish in the pan and pour the sauce over them. Remember to discard the remaining oil and butter first before putting the fish back.  Simmer until the sauce becomes slightly thick. Serve with steamed rice. 

You can also serve this with some side vegetable dishes such as corn and carrots or steamed beans, broccoli and sayote. You can also use some sliced jicama or if you have a bottle of ready-made atchara, that will do the trick.

Comments

Popular Posts