That Classic Pinoy Breakfast

We Filipinos love dried fish. We especially love eating them for breakfast with some garlic fried rice, fried eggs and a dip of vinegar and maybe a salad of tomatoes and cucumbers on the side. I was browsing my archives and found this:

IMG_6103


I have no idea if I already blogged this in my food blog before but it’s worth blogging about again. The dried dilis or anchovies is from one of my sister’s provincial trips. This is boneless dilis which I super, super love. I don’t know if I can get this here in Manila but the closest I found was from Rustan’s Supermarket. Nothing beats the real fresh thing from the province though.

Looking at this photo now, I wish I had some garlic fried rice then. I dipped this in Sukang Pinakurat. which you can read more about in my old food blog. I have several entries about it there. 

Comments

Popular Posts