The Forgotten Recipe

IMG_7263

This is chicken and cashews. I was inspired by a dish in one of the episodes of Luke Nguyen’s Greater Mekong. But, for the life of me, I cannot remember how I made this! The hostess was cooking this dish as an accompaniment to some porridge. I simplified the recipe and this is the result.

I think this is how I did it. I sauteed some garlic, onions and tomatoes until they were caramelized. Then I added the chicken pieces. I’m not sure if I used some light soy sauce and honey too. I then added the chopped cashews which I obliterated in the processor. This was sooo good! My husband loved this too. The flavor was just amazing! I hope I can recreate this in the future. Maybe when there’s a replay of said episode I’ll have my moment of genius again? I should write it immediately then.

Comments

Popular Posts