Isla Cafe

Back when Century City was newly opened, my mom and I would frequent the place. There’s this small kiosk in front of the supermarket that sold puto (rice cakes). It’s called Isla Café. I looked at the menu and saw that they also served arroz caldo and pancit. I wanted to try the food but they didn’t have chairs. They had bar tables and I wouldn’t be able to eat while carrying my baby so we would just go pass by it.

Soon after, they put tables and chairs so I eagerly asked my mom if she wanted to try the food there. She said yes.

IMG_8426

Mom ordered this pancit dish. She didn’t really like it as it was too garlicky for her taste. She likes garlic but this was just too much.

IMG_8425

I ordered arroz caldo which is my ultimate comfort food. I was really disappointed with this as it had too much garlic and ginger. That’s all I could taste. It was also served scalding hot so I really didn’t enjoy it.

We never went back to that café again. So disappointing…

Comments

Popular Posts