Activity Tray–Fine Motor Skills (14 Months)

I have been keeping my son busy with various activities. I get inspiration from Pinterest and other mom blogs. I also just take whatever it is we have on hand, just simple things around the house and turn them into an activity for my son. Such is the case of this activity tray.

By the way, an activity tray or Tot Tray is the brainchild of Carisa of the blog 1plus1plus1equals1. She has many amazing activities for her own kids chronicled in her blog.

For this activity tray, I got my son’s old bowl and put some marbles in it. I also got my old water bottle and removed the cap. I showed my son how to “shoot” one marble into the bottle and he did the rest. He shoots 20 marbles then asks me to pour the marbles back into the bowl.

IMG_0266

He enjoys this activity a lot. He does the activity several times over. For me, anything that can keep my son occupied for more than 5 minutes is a blessing! He is almost 15 months old but he is already quite a handful. I need to plan our daily activities otherwise, I won’t get anything done.

IMG_0265

I got the tray on clearance for only 60 pesos last Sunday. The marbles are around 25 pesos for one bag from the bookstore. The bowl has a suction bottom so it doesn’t move around the tray.

IMG_0264

I will be sharing more ideas and activities for toddlers soon so stay tuned! If you have any toddler ideas and activities, I’d like to hear from you. Share your link in the comments below.

As always, supervise your child while doing this activity. Marbles are a choking hazard.

Comments

Popular Posts