Another Impromptu Party (Very Affordable)

Back in August, my cousin, Cathy celebrated her 20th birthday. She actually didn’t have any plans for a big party but the day before birthday, we had a chat and decided to make a party happen. If you can remember, we also had another impromptu party for my son back in June.

I had a few hours to plan and I came up with this.

IMG_0130

I made some mini sandwiches for the guests. I made the toppers, printed them and cut them using my circle punch (which I miss so bad because it broke).

IMG_0131
I bought different chips and put them in these pink cups.

IMG_0132

IMG_0133

We didn’t have a real cake and I didn’t have the budget for it anymore so I decided to make these bars. They are Fudgee Bars which I dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkled with nuts.

IMG_0134

These candles are very cool. The flame is the same color as the candle.

IMG_0146


I wasn’t able to taste this but apparently the guests loved it! They were actually asking for more!

IMG_0141

My grandmother was so kind as to cook some fried spring rolls.

IMG_0148

The birthday girl ordered some pizza.

IMG_0136

We also made a photo booth. They printed “Cathy @ 20” and the date on some bond paper, taped them together and placed them on some boards. I made the flower fans. Her theme was Fairy. She likes to pretend that she’s a fairy queen. I also made some props using my computer, some cardstock, ribbons and a few craft supplies I have on hand. I used chopsticks for the handle. =D We had a lot of different props.

I already have all the supplies on hand, even the candles. I just made a quick trip to the supermarket to buy the ingredients for the sandwiches, the snacks and the faux cake.  I already have the pink cups. They are leftovers from my Valentine’s projects.

It didn’t matter that we had a cheap party. We had fun and we celebrated as a family. Some of her friends came over too so it was a great birthday for her. 

Comments

Popular Posts