Mommy Survival

Some call me crazy for putting too much effort into my son’s daily activities. He is only a year old but I’ve been planning his activities from day one. I thought I was already prepared but my son learns pretty fast so I have to keep up. Here are some of my essentials when he was just 7 months old. (I have a ton of backlog posts so please bear with me)

IMG_9877

We (my mom and I) collect Happy Meal toys. They’re cheap and they last a long time. When my son gets bored, I just pull up a pack. Monkey is from dad, a pasalubong.

Stickers are my son’s favorite. It’s a good thing I have quite a collection from my childhood. I’ve been collecting them since I was 6. I had many offers from different people wanting to buy them but I kept them. Little did I know that I will have a use for them when I got older.

Cheap toys such as these glasses are a must. This is part of a glow stick pack. I insert a couple of glow sticks into the frame and fun, fun, fun! My son gets a kick seeing any of us wear this pair of glasses.

I also got a few of these cheap finger puppets at IKEA. They’re great for storytelling.

IMG_9864

My son loves to read. He prefers books over TV. He is especially crazy about Captain Hook and the Tick Tock Croc.

IMG_9875

More stickers. These are from my teenage years when I was around 13-14 years old. They only cost 10 pesos per pack of 2. Those were the good old days…

IMG_9878

My son loves trains so this Duplo train is a favorite.

IMG_9881

He is also crazy about cars. This car has already been donated. Soon it will make another boy happy.

IMG_9880

More books. Board books and soft books are the best for little hands. My son has grown tired of Sir Prance-a-Lot but he is still fond of this board book from  his Ninang Mich. He likes the photos especially that cat.

I will post more current activities soon.

I am trying to pick up speed when it comes to blogging so that I can post more current topics. Please hang in there!

Comments

Popular Posts