Read and Play Station

A few weeks after my son’s first birthday, I decided to give him another gift – his very own Read and Play Station. My son loves doing both daily so I thought he would appreciate this gift.

IMG_9782


Please note that this was months ago. We have so much more toys and books now so I upgraded his Play & Read Station. I will share it with you once I finalize the design and organization.

Here’s a closer look:

IMG_9784

First, the station itself is an upcycled project of mine. This is our old rolling tray. I asked the hubby to remove the wheels then I sanded it down and spray painted it white. I used 2 cans of spray paint.

The top houses a white rack from my bazaar days. It houses his books. We only have a few of the books in the photo left as I donated them already. My son doesn’t like to read the same books over and over again. I just left his favorites like the Littlest Turtle/Kitten and All About Babies and of course, the Lightning McQueen books. My son is a big Cars fan.

At the bottom are his “TV” from his god mother and his laptop.

IMG_9785

To the right of his books are his stuffed toys. That’s the hugging Elmo, the dancing and singing Mickey and Cookie Counting Cookie Monster. They are all battery-operated.

IMG_9786

The middle portion housed 2 white buckets from Daiso and this Oreo truck which Mom got in Bangkok.

IMG_9787

The buckets contain cars and trains…

IMG_9788

His Duplo animals and train…

IMG_9789
and all sorts of other toys.

IMG_9791

The bottom part housed his Mickey light and sound car, Wilson train carrying case and his shape sorter and portable fan.

My son was thrilled when he saw this! He couldn’t wait to get his hands on everything! All the hard work truly paid off when I saw my son’s eyes sparkle

Like I said, we now have tons of toys and books and most of these toys have already been donated. If you don’t want to miss any of my toddler projects, subscribe via email!

zac's read and play station

Comments

Popular Posts