The Best Sweet And Sour Chicken Ever!

That I cooked anyway. I suck at cooking this dish so this was really a surprise.

IMG_0063


I got the recipe from a cheap cookbook. Readers in Manila are familiar about this. I got this from “Manong Books”. Hehe, I think you know what I mean. I got a few good recipes from that book. I just gathered them and put them in my Recipe Binder.

As always, I tweaked the recipe again but it’s fairly easy.

Ingredients
1 small can of pineapple chunks
soy sauce
vinegar
brown sugar
grated fresh ginger, about 1 teaspoon
tomato sauce
oil
chicken fillets (I used breast)
cornstarch
water
red capsicum
spring onions

Let’s get cooking!
1. I cut the fillets into bite-size pieces and seasoned them with salt and pepper. I then dredged them in cornstarch. Shake. Fry until golden. Set aside.

2. Drain the pineapple chunks and set the juice aside n a bowl. In the same bowl, add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger and tomato sauce. You can also add some lemon juice. I didn’t put the measurements because I added more as my husband likes more sauce. Mix well. Adjust according to your preference.

3. Stir fry vegetables in a wok. Add chicken and sauce. In a cup, mix together some water and cornstarch until dissolved. Add to the mixture to thicken. Serve hot with rice.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did!

If you want more recipes, subscribe to my email list on the right. Feel free to pin the photo above for future reference. Us moms need to help each other, you know.

Comments

Popular Posts