Eating Through Our Pantry and Freezer – Meal 1

Hey, everyone! I am fresh off from a vacation. We visited family in the province and I also did some consulting job while there. I didn’t buy much food before we left because I wanted to save some money and decided to just eat through our freezer, pantry and fridge. Our first “tipid” meal was today at lunch.

IMG_1684

My son and I both love pancit so this was a no-brainer. I had a third of a package of noodles, a can of mushrooms and one carrot. I also had one bag of beef shreds.

I first cooked the beef shreds. I added about a tablespoon of premium soy sauce to the beef and massaged it in. Then I added some pepper and a tablespoon of cornstarch. I fried this in oil and set them aside.

In another pan, I sauteed some garlic and onions in oil. Then I added the mushrooms and carrots. I waited for the veggies to cook. Then I added about a cup of water, one tablespoon of oyster sauce and one tablespoon of light soy sauce. Mix this up and wait for it to boil. Then I added the noodles. When they were cooked, I seasoned it with pepper and added the beef.

I suck at making pancit but this dish was delicious. My son enjoyed it a lot. On his last noodle, he looked at me and said, “Sarap!”. Now that’s enough reward for me.

Comments

Popular Posts