A Dermatologist-Approved Skin Care Regimen for Working Moms and SAHMs

Hi, everyone! Last Saturday, cousin C and I went to Clinique's event entitled The Doctor is In. We had the privilege of talking with Dra. Gina Banate, a licensed dermatologist and member of the Philippine Dermatological Society. I asked her what skin care regimen she can recommend to working moms and stay-at-home moms. Here's what she said.



Start with a clean face by washing it with a mild facial soap with a pH of not less than 5.5. This level protects the natural environment of your skin. 

Next, use a toner that is perfect for your skin type. Toner normalizes skin and brings back what soap has stripped away.

Lady E's Quick Tip - If you don't know your skin type, visit the Clinique counters at Rustan's Makati or Shangri-La Mall and mention me or my blog to get a free Treat or Teach You Time service wherein you can experience the products and get a free consultation. 


Next, apply your favorite moisturizer. Lastly, don't forget sunscreen. It should have an SPF of at least 30. Apply the amount of half a teaspoon to your neck and face 30 minutes before sun exposure. And don't forget about the backs of your hands as they get bombarded with sunlight too. 

You can now apply your makeup. If you are off to the office, make sure to wear and/or bring sun protective clothing. 

SAHMs, you should also follow these steps even if you are at home most of the time. If you are like me and you are constantly in front of the computer, you are also being bombarded by UV rays according to the doctor. So, it's still a good idea to apply sunscreen even if you are at home. 

Don't be lazy if you are a SAHM. The more you need to put an effort to skin care and making yourself look and feel more beautiful. It's easy to get into a rut or burnout as a stay-at-home mom. I know, I've had my share and if you can remember, one of the things I do is to pamper myself. Finally, do it for yourself and not for anybody else. 

I hope you learned a lot in today's post. Please stay tuned for more tips from our beautiful dermatologist. 

Comments

Popular Posts