6 Bad Health Habits that I'm Ditching this Year

Everyone has a few bad habits. When I underwent a few life changes before 2015 ended, I had some time to analyze how my day goes and spot a few problem areas, mostly health-wise. I want to be around for a long time for my family and so I will be ditching these bad health habits this year. Check it out, maybe you have some of them too and let's ditch them together!


Sleeping at irregular times

I had some trouble with work-life balance and I guess that's why God made me rest for a few weeks from work. Now, I'm busy with new writing projects and found that the best time for me to write is during the wee hours of the morning. Being awake so early in the morning and doing a series of chores thereafter takes its toll on me. My body really gets tired easily because of the PM and fibromyalgia from before and so I need to take a nap sometime in the afternoon. The problem with this is I couldn't sleep early at night. My ideal time is 10 pm but when I take an afternoon nap, it's hard for me to fall asleep even at 11 pm.

Starting Sunday night, I vow to sleep at 10 pm or before so that I have the strength to wake up early and do the chores without needing an afternoon nap. If I do take a nap, I'll be sure to hit the sack by 10 pm. I'll just close my eyes until I fall asleep.

Not exercising regularly 

I like exercising, don't get me wrong. I was an athlete in my teenage and young adult years. But, because of the above issue, instead of exercising, I sleep. If I do the first one right, I'll be able to exercise regularly.


This playmat sees more action than my Yoga mat

Being lazy when preparing my afternoon snack

Should really stock up on these

My son and I need to snack twice a day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I usually have fruit or my leftover breakfast for my morning snack. The problem comes in the afternoon when I am too lazy to prepare my merienda. My son has all his fruit crisps, fruit leather and other healthy snacks so that's not a problem. I, on the other hand, am too lazy to prepare a decent sandwich so I reach out to our stash of cookies and chips. Not a good idea, I know so it must stop! 

My solution to this is to prepare healthy snacks during Sunday so that all I need to do is get them from the fridge. I'll be stocking up on salads, fruits and homemade sandwich spreads and bread. Now that should take care of that bad habit. 

Procrastinating

Oh, my. I think this is still related to my number one bad health habit. When I get tired, I sleep and then when I wake up, it's already too late to do the rest of the things on my morning list because I need to do the things on my afternoon-evening list. So, I end up writing those things again on tomorrow's list and so on. 

My solution to this is to prettify my planner more so that I can be more motivated to look at and stick to my schedule and to-do lists. I've actually started doing this and so far so good. I've had a few misses but at least it's better now than in December.

Now this should get me motivated

Overworking myself

I am a workaholic. I admit it. I used to juggle three jobs at the same time. After that phase and I was back to just one job, my mind and body craved for work. I couldn't rest. Until now, during weekends, I get restless when it's only midday and I'm already done with my list of chores. I told my mom that I couldn't seem to rest and she told me to try harder. I know I need to rest because I don't want the PM to come back and I need to stay healthy. 

Actually, I also already started mending this problem. Before, I would pressure myself to come up with several blog titles for the week. Now, I stick to 3 weekly so that I can have time for other things. 

When I finish my to-do list for the day, I try to relax. I lie down or play the games I downloaded in my phone. I also play with my son more. I also started watching TV again at night. 

Being a worrywart

I worried a lot last year about so many things and I decided to stop. I have a God who is above and beyond anything on this universe, above and beyond anything I can think or dream of so really, I shouldn't worry. As far as I can remember, I've been like this since I was a kid. I think it's the perfectionist in me - always trying to be perfect in everything I do and then worrying if it's enough. 

I am slowly learning to let go of a lot of things. I used to stress out about homeschooling, blogging, our finances, etc. But through it all, my son is still learning, my blogs are still here and you guys are still there reading them and we still eat at least three times a day. So, I'll just let go and let God. 

I hope this post has inspired you to ditch the negative aspects of your life and start living a happy, healthy one this year!

Comments

Popular Posts