Magic Tree House Unit Study: Knights and Medieval Times Day 1




We love doing unit studies in our homeschool. The problem is, I have so many topics and ideas in my head that at times, I just get so overwhelmed that I don't know where to start and I end up skipping unit studies for the week. Good thing my friend, Shey, another homeschooling mom, introduced me to the Magic Tree House series. I bought a few during the NBS warehouse sale and my son immediately loved it! My only regret was not buying all the titles that I saw because I wasn't sure if my son would like them. When I went back, there were hardly any titles left. Now, they are so hard to find in the local bookstores. 

Okay, enough about that. Let's talk about what happened in Day 1 of our Knights and Medieval Times Unit Study. 

I used our booklet above, which I made. I'll show you the pages as we go along in the following days. We read 2 chapters today in the book and we are in Chapter 6. 




Here are the books that we used today. We didn't read a lot of facts today. I just used the armor pages to show Zac the different kinds of armor the knights used. I asked him to draw his own knight armor in the booklet.   






The last part of our unit study today was busting out our Melissa & Doug castle set as well as our Playmobil sets 





Double-headed dragons guarding the treasure

I got him this set as well. At first I wanted the Build-Your-Own Catapult from KidzLab but I saw this set and decided it would be a better investment. I wanted the knight that looked like King Arthur (to us) because of the dragon crest on his armor. We just finished watching the series Merlin on Netflix and Zac was so excited to see Arthur Pendragon in Playmobil. 







Of course, Camelot would not be complete without Merlin!




Zac removed the wooden dolls and just played with the Playmobil figures. He played with this set for hours!

Stay tuned for Day 2! 

Comments

Popular Posts