Homeschool Hack: How I Use a Homeschool Binder and Why I'm Loving It!

I struggled with being organized in my homeschool for the longest time. For the last few years, I didn't have any sort of flow or organization to our homeschool. I just followed the syllabi given to me by our parent school and then followed the pages in the book.

That might have worked during nursery, kinder 1 and 2 up to second grade but not anymore for third grade. This year, I needed to be organized and prepared for the lessons as they are harder. I already have a lesson plan that I use from time to time. It's a very simple one where I put some of the lessons to be discussed on a particular day but it wasn't consistent and wasn't thorough. When I looked at the topics that needed to be covered this year, I knew I needed to have a better system. I've also been busier so I can't just cram for lessons anymore.

The solution? The homeschool binder!



Why I'm loving my homeschool binder

  • Everything important is in one place
  • I can keep track of what we're doing
  • I don't lose papers
  • I know exactly what to do on a particular day
  • If we miss a day, no worries! I can just check my binder to see where we left off
  • It's customizable. Each student (and homeschooling parent) is different and you can customize your binder according to your personality and your students' learning style.

Here's how I use our homeschool binder:




Next up:  My Lesson Plan. Yes, Teacher Moms need lesson plans, too!

Join us on FB: LifebyLadyE

Follow me on Instagram: @lifebyladye

Join our Philippine Homeschooling Group on FB: Homeschool Resources Philippines

Comments

Popular Posts