Family Bonding at Ayala Triangle in the Midst of a Pandemic

 I used to go out with my son a lot before the pandemic. He has been homeschooled since 5 months old so we have complete control over his time, activities, and studies. In short, we can play hooky whenever we want. 😁That all changed when the pandemic hit. I think my son has only been out three times in the past year and a half....and that's just to get his haircut.  




So, imagine my excitement when I learned that kids are now allowed at Ayala Triangle Park! We used to go there from time to time during the weekends so that my son can get some exercise and sunshine pre-pandemic. When I learned that the green light was on, I immediately told my boys (son and husband) that we would go this afternoon if it doesn't rain. It was cloudy the whole day but Google said that there was very little chance for rain. I was very thankful for the cloudy skies as it meant that it wouldn't be too hot in the park. 


I began to pack our usual essentials when going there:



I already knew that the restaurants in the park were already closed and we haven't had lunch yet so I made some ham and apple wraps. I also brought some chips, mango cookies, and some other munchies that my son and husband like. I was ready for a picnic.

I also packed some tissue and wet wipes, plates, a ball, hand soap, face shields (not required especially for the kids), and my portable first aid kit with my essential oil blends, inhalers, etc. Being a trained First Responder and a naturopathic practitioner, I always have this handy whenever we go out. I also have my big kit in the car trunk in case we run into someone who needs help. 

I also packed a set of clothes for my son and me as I know we would be doing a lot of running and playing. I packed 2 extra shirts for my son plus bottoms, socks, and even underwear. I packed the same for myself. 

We also brought his scooter and helmet. Oh, and I also packed our Coleman with bottles of water, Coke for the hubs, a juice box for my boy, and some blue ice to keep everything cold, and a hot/cold pack in case of bumps, bruises, or heat exhaustion. Yes, I'm always ready. 😁

We have face masks, garbage bags and a picnic mat in the car already so no need to pack those. Next time, I will bring our portable fans and a small table. There were lots of flies and ants. 


Forgot to take a photo before we took out the Coke, juice box and my water bottle


Quick List 

  1. food and drinks
  2. wet wipes and tissues
  3. games and toys
  4. first aid kit
  5. set of clothes 
  6. hand soap, sanitizer
  7. face masks, face shields 
  8. Optional: small table and portable fans

We parked at Gabriela Silang Parking Lot where the cashier immediately asked us if we were just going to Blackbird. We told her we're going to the park and she said that there are no restaurants there. No problem! We have baon!

When we got there, I asked my son where he wanted to stay, on the grass or on the tables. He said he wanted to stay on the grass so I went back to the car to get our picnic mat.

Here, he was so excited to remove his shoes! 😆






Since we haven't eaten lunch yet, I told them that I would eat first. He said that he wanted to play first but when he saw me eating, he decided to eat with me. 




Everything is closed. So sad... But the guard said that they were just under renovation. I think that instead of restos, there will be shops here. 





There weren't a lot of people and everybody there was disciplined. We all still wore masks and only removed them when we were going to eat. Everybody was also practicing social distancing. It was a safe environment for families to bond and kids to have fun. 


He said that he's so happy to be back in nature. 😄 Me, I'm just happy I was able to spend a few hours with my family outdoors for a couple of hours. 


Appreciating this simple afternoon bonding. 




We ran around the grass playing ball then he spent some time on his scooter. We stayed there for almost 2 hours and my son said that it was the highlight of his day. He said that being outdoors again was so much fun and he enjoyed our time there. I told him we will do it again next week. 

As we were walking out of the park holding hands, I felt that familiar feeling again of pure joy from just being with my son outdoors. We used to have lots of Mommy and Isaac dates pre-Pandemic and I think that we will have them again slowly in the coming weeks. 

A few more helpful tips:

  1. The park closes at 7 pm so schedule wisely.
  2. Parking is at Gabriela Silang then go out passing in front of Blackbird restaurant to enter the park The entrance to the park in the parking lot is closed.
  3. All of the restos in the park are gone. The nearest one is McDonald's and the Paseo Center restaurants. Just cross the street. Since I knew that kids won't be allowed inside, I opted to bring our own food. If you're going out as a family, you can ask one of the members to get a takeaway and eat at the park. 
  4. You can bring your own food and drinks just be sure to clean as you go.  
  5. The restrooms are under renovation. I asked Kuyang Guard where the nearest one is and he said, "makiusap na lang po kayo sa mga building sa paligid."
  6. You can stay on the grass. Tables and chairs with umbrellas are also available on the Ayala side. This is where kids can ride their bikes and scooters. 
  7. Kids and senior citizens are welcome!





 

Comments

Popular Posts