Eating Through Our Pantry and Freezer – Meals 5, 6, 7, 8

Here’s another installment of meals I whipped up from the leftovers in our pantry and freezer.

For dinner the other night, we still had some leftover sauteed mung beans. I served it again but with the addition of this eggplant torta. It’s just basically cooked eggplant dipped in beaten egg and fried. I also added a few tablespoons of the meat mixture I made from the leftovers from the sauteed mung beans dish. You can put the eggplants in the oven until they are cooked. Peel the skin and then flatten with a fork. Be sure to leave the stems on. Dip in some beaten egg and fry. For this version, I laid the small eggplants side by side by side and then topped them with the meat mixture and poured the beaten egg over them.

IMG_1699


For breakfast yesterday, I still had some leftover omelet from our breakfast tortilla so I mixed that in with some cold rice and made fried rice.


IMG_1705


I found a can of corned beef and cooked that as well.

IMG_1706



IMG_1727


For dinner last night, I made some allergy-friendly pinakbet. Pinakbet requires bagoong or fermented shrimp sauce but I am allergic to it so I skipped that. The vegetables for this dish were newly bought so this is not part of the series.


I served the pinakbet with some fried dried tawilis that’s in our pantry.


IMG_1728


Of course, we had to have our favorite dipping sauce – Sukang Pinakurat.



IMG_1729



I forgot to take a photo of today’s lunch. I’ll get around to it soon as there were some leftovers. For dinner, I cooked half the squash and saw that there was about 2 tablespoons of corned beef left. Perfect! I used that for this sauteed squash dish.


IMG_1741


I found a can of spicy pepper luncheon meat and cooked those as well.

IMG_1740

This will probably be the end of this series for now because I want to add more to our food supply. I can still probably squeeze in a dish or two with the leftovers (minus the newly bought veggies) but I am hankering for something new.

The good news is that I was able to squeeze in 9 more meals with the short list of ingredients that I have. What’s even better is that I only need to buy a few more items in order to stretch our meals until the next pay day.

If you want more money-saving ideas like this, please subscribe to my mailing list on the right. Thanks!

Comments

Popular Posts