Table Time Activities

In our homeschool daily schedule, we also have Table Time. As the name suggests, these are activities done on the table. My son has a small study/activity table which we don't often use. He likes to play on the bed or on the floor so I encourage him to use it by designing activities I know he will enjoy. Here are some of them.

Jumbo Activity Book

I got this set from National Bookstore a long time ago. I think they still have them and in different characters too. I like that it's a complete set with water color, crayons, brush and markers. My son was only interested in the water color. He used the markers and crayons for other activities. 



Kinetic Sand

I have a love-hate relationship with Kinetic Sand but there are days when it just does the trick of keeping my little one occupied. This is a knock-off set, by the way, which was gifted by my cousin. 




Play-Doh

We have a ton of Play-Doh sets. We are crazy about Play-Doh! We started when my son was 5 months old. I let him play with the dough with supervision, of course. I think it's good exercise for tiny hands and fingers. Helps them get ready for writing in the future. Our school directress also recommends these exercises. 







Orbeez

We normally have themed "digs" but with the Orbeez, I just give the container to him and let him squish-squash the water balls. Orbeez are a bit expensive but we don't have water balls for plants here that's why I got a pack. In this photo, I put some glow sticks and turned off the light. 



These are the Orbeez with the lights on. I also throw in some "jewels" for him to find. They are just really pretty plant stones which I got from the vase/flower section of SM.


That's it! I hope you found a few ideas for your own homeschool. If you want to save these ideas, feel free to pin this on your Pinterest board. 



Comments

Popular Posts