Singapore Series 2018 - ZEN Rooms Mackenzie Hotel

Our trip was a budget trip so that included our hotel. My BFF was the one who booked our hotel. We had two separate rooms. She had a single room while my mom, son and I stayed together.


Photos from Mackenzie's site




Our room was not big but it was enough for all of us. There was a queen size bed with 2 pillows. I wasn't sure if we could request more pillows for free so I just used the towels and some clothes to make my pillow higher. We also brought my son's 2 pillows which he never leaves home without and his Panpan neck pillow and stuffed Panpan from Miniso for me. I need to cover my tummy when sleeping and I need a pillow between my legs so that my scolio wouldn't hurt. I used the neck pillow for that.


Our bed was moved to the wall.


Our room's bathroom was in the same place. 


The bathroom was okay with free shampoo and body soap in a dispenser. It's a shampoo and body wash in one.  There's a hot and cold shower. There was no shower curtain in our bathroom so all the water went to the side of the toilet. The drain was too far away from where the water accumulates so there was always water after someone takes a shower. Water pressure was good.


We did not have those Zen Rooms pouches and towels. Just plain white ones. Our bathroom had the shower to the right and the sink to the left of the door. 


There were only a few local channels and TV was still in analogue. We mainly used the TV for background noise, watching only when the US game shows such as Wheel of Fortune are on.

There were 4 electricity outlets but the two beside the bed were busted. The other two on the table were okay but the left one's electricity kept going out. The right one had the percolator's plug and it was too hard to remove so we left it there. So, we only had one socket to share. I asked mom to bring an extension cord but she got a busted one. It was new but it didn't work. She wasn't able to test it before paying for it.

Bring an adaptor so you wouldn't have to borrow from the concierge. Most sockets are 3-pronged.

We were given some soap, toothbrushes, shower caps and a few other toiletries once. Two rolls of tissues were provided daily as well as 2 bottled waters.

Cleanliness

The hotel is small but clean. However, housekeeping was lazy. They don't sweep the floor. Sometimes they don't do the beds. One housekeeper told us that he already mopped the bathroom so he doesn't need to do anything else. The housekeeper that I talked to about the electricity outlets told me to go to reception to have it all sorted whereas in other hotels, they will be the ones to do that for you. 

Location

Location was great! We were a 3-minute walk away from Little India MRT station. We were also close to Bugis but we took the MRT to get there. Didn't want to waste time walking. There's a Fair Price Express (grocery) nearby, about a 5-10 minute walk and a 7-11 beside it. There are also several fast food restos in the area. 

Facilities

There's a small reception area. There's a vending machine by the entrance. The reception is on the fifth floor. There are no other facilities in the area.



Check-in time is 3 pm and check-out is before 11 am.

All photos are from Zen Rooms Mackenzie website.

I'd like to try other budget hotels in Singapore when we go back. I was turned off with the housekeeping service. 





Comments

Popular Posts