Magic Tree House Unit Study - Knights and Medieval Times Day 2



If you're new here, we're reading The Knight at Dawn from the Magic Tree House Series. We finished chapters 7 and 8 today. 

After reading, we discussed the inside of a castle because that's what we read about in the book. Jack and Annie found a trapdoor that lead them to the moat. 


We also read about how to become a knight. 


We talked about armor and weapons again as I just did a brief overview the last time. 


After that, I asked him to design his own shield and coat of arms. 


The final activity in today's unit study was this:


We've had this set for a long time but I did not open it because Zac seemed to have lost his interest in stickers already. Today, I used the stickers as story prompts. I asked him to create a scene and tell me a story about it. 


He even got his Arthur Pendragon Playmobil figure as part of the audience. 


After the photo was taken, he added more stickers and his story became longer and longer!

This M&D sticker scene set is perfect for our Magic Tree House unit studies. Too bad I forgot about it when we had our Pirates unit study. The set contains a pirate scene. You will be seeing more of this set in the coming weeks. 

Stay tuned for Day 3!




Comments

Popular Posts