My Birthday That Was

Hey guys! Sorry, I’ve been away. I celebrated my birthday last week. I wanted some downtime after that. We didn’t do anything fancy for my birthday. We just had lunch at Circles Shangri-La and did a little bit of shopping, mostly for my son. I have photos of our food. Check them out.



IMG_1837


The rice in the maki was too mushy for me but nevertheless, I ate two. The avocado maki was also good. I wanted to eat more but I was on allergy alert.

IMG_1838

This is a tempura plate that my mom got. I loved the eggplant tempura, the tentsuyu not so much. .

IMG_1839


Sorry, I wasn’t able to take proper photos of our plates. This one is my son’s. We both loved the bbq pork. The Malaysian Sweet Chicken Curry was also good, a bit too hot and lacking a bit of salt but it was good. The prime rib was also delicious and my mom was a huge fan of it.

IMG_1840

This was my mom’s plate. She got steamed vegetables and some prawns. My husband got a plateful of seafood... I was so envious..

IMG_1850

This homemade pizza was delish! The crust was light and crispy. Loved the cheese too.

IMG_1851

This was my dessert plate. Lemon macaron, an orange slice and the signature sphere but with a different filling.

IMG_1852



IMG_1854

Inside was passion fruit and a marshmallow. I didn’t like this dessert at all because it was too sweet for me. I loved the macaron with the gold foil though.

IMG_1856

And the best thing I ate that day? This homemade vanilla ice cream. Hands down, this is the best vanilla ice cream I’ve ever tasted. I would have gotten seconds but I was too full already.

IMG_1864

For dinner, we had Chinese takeaway in bed. It was a fun day all in all. I got to spend it with my family. Too bad my sister was at an event and couldn’t come.

We did some shopping at SM too. I normally don’t shop there anymore but they were having a sale so I took advantage of it and stocked up on my son’s supplies.

Well, that’s it. Another year older, another year wiser. I hope all you loyal readers will continue to enjoy my posts this year! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!

Comments

Popular Posts