Singapore Series 2018 - A Day in Legoland, Malaysia

We went to Legoland Malaysia on our second day in Singapore. Legoland Malaysia is nearer to Singapore than Kuala Lumpur. If you are coming from KL, you need to take a plane ride. If you are coming from Singapore, it's only a 1-1.5-hr bus ride.

How to get there

From Singapore, we rode the bus from the Singapore flyer. Be sure to buy tickets before going there. 

Things to bring:

  • water (bring lots of it as it is hot, hot, hot!)
  • umbrella
  • extra clothes for you and the family
  • passport and immigration card
  • tickets
  • bus tickets (if taking the bus)
  • camera
  • hat
  • shades/sunglasses

Where to eat

There's a cafe and restaurant inside Legoland but the food is very expensive and my SIL told me it wasn't really good. Water is priced okay. There's a mall connected to Legoland and there are fast food choices there as well as sit-down restaurants. We tried the chicken place and it was okay, prices were okay as well. There's a Burger King which I'd rather not come back to as it was the source of all my pain during our vacation. I reacted to their food and had a swollen face and eyes for three days. There are also shops where you can buy pasalubong (homecoming gifts). I got a twin towers magnet for my son. Other shops sell Malaysian food. I got some noodles.  

Don't bring food from Malaysia with you (fast food, etc.) as it is not allowed in immigration. The food that I brought were commercially packed. They don't allow fresh, cooked food into Singapore from Malaysia.

Legoland


Legoland itself is small. It was smaller than I imagined. We only rode the train. We missed the Ninjago show by a few minutes. We just walked around and took photos. 








If you're bringing kids, there are learning sessions available like Robotics and this simple machines building activity that my son participated in. My son wanted to join the Robotics class as he does Robotics here in Manila but they only allowed 7-year old kids and above. My son is 5. But, the teacher invited us to this class which my son enjoyed. They also get a certificate afterwards. 




Of course, we had to get a photo with the man!

It's very hot in Legoland as in sticky, dehydrating hot. So, be sure to keep hydrated. If you have senior citizens and kids, make sure they don't get sun stroke. There's a cafe near Einstein's head where you can rest for a bit and get some shade. It was closed when we went there but we enjoyed sitting in the shade. 

The souvenir shops were okay. Not a lot of choices. I was expecting to be blown away but most of the stuff there is available in Manila Lego Boutiques as well. I got a lanyard for my son's "driving license" from one of the attractions and a Lego box to store his Legos. 

We were all disappointed with Legoland Malaysia and we probably won't go back in the near future. 

We left Malaysia at around 4-5 pm and got back to Singapore at past 8 pm, I think as we took a long time in immigration. One of the persons in our bus group took photos of the immigration officers and was taken for questioning and then sent to the end of the line. So that took forever. When you're in the airport, especially in the immigration area,  read the signs and don't use your phone and cameras! 







Comments

Popular Posts