Mango Tree Bistro

My husband and I love Thai food. If we can, we would eat Thai food every week but alas, Thai restos here are quite expensive. A few weeks ago, we were able to go on a dinner and movie date. We decided to try out the Mango Tree Bistro which replaced our favorite Thai resto, Oody's.







I'm actually not sure if they're from the same group or if Oody's just had a re-branding.

Here's what we ordered.




Thai Cat Fish and Mango Salad is always a must. Yum Pla Dook Foo in Thai, if I remember it correctly. 

This was okay. I like Oody's better as the dressing soaks into the catfish. It's very flavorful. Also, this serving was too small for us. 




My husband's staple order is Tom Yum soup. This was pretty spicy. It also lacked substance, as in it only had 3 small pieces of shrimps. It was just soup, soup, soup. 




This is chicken satay which was okay. Nothing special there. I still like Oody's better. 

This place is too expensive in my opinion. We paid over Php1,000 for this meal. The portions are too small. The taste was just okay. The food cannot justify the price.  Even the senior ladies in the table in front of us commented that the portions were too small. They had to order extras and there were only 2 of them. They don't even serve complimentary peanuts and chips like Oody's. We probably won't dine here again anymore unless they improve the quality of the food and the serving size. Oh, how I miss Oody's..

Comments

Popular Posts