Craft Time – Cardboard Road

Do you remember this post about energy food?  Well, I didn’t want to get rid of the box and my son was getting bored that day. He loves to play with different kinds of toy vehicles and I thought giving him a “road” to play on would be great.

IMG_0200

I started with this box. I cut both the top sides (left and right) open then I spread it out to get the longest length.

IMG_0201

Then I trimmed the excess to make one long rectangular piece. I then got some black art paper and wrapped the two ends. In the middle, I got some black poster paper because I ran out of art paper and I also wanted the different texture.

IMG_0203

I then cut some rectangles from a bond paper and glued them to make the lines on the road.

IMG_0204

My son couldn’t wait to try it out. Good thing the glue held. I just used regular school glue. It was Bic, I think.  He uses it to make his cars line up, as a road and as a plane runway.

IMG_0205

Until now he still uses this cheap toy that I made. This is already several months old. The great thing about this is that it’s foldable because of the natural flaps of the box. It’s easy to store.

If you liked this post, please subscribe to my mailing list. You can also Pin the photo above on your board for future reference.

Comments

Popular Posts