Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas

It has been crazy this week! I’m finding it hard to sit down and write a good post. I’ve been very busy. Add to the fact that I injured my back. I was looking for something the other day then I just suddenly felt this searing pain near my tailbone. It’s getting better though thanks to lots of rest. Anyway, V-Day is just a hop, skip and jump away! I used to ignore Valentine’s. I just always thought it was corny until one V-day when my husband surprised me with a Valentine’s cake! We don’t do Valentine’s and my husband does not do gifts on his own especially spontaneous gifts. So, from them on, I started treating Valentine’s day as somewhat special. We still won’t go out for a romantic date but I try to do little things for him. Now that we have a little one, he can join in on the fun.

So, my SIL is coming home this Sunday and I totally forgot about the date. I was thinking the Feb is still light years away and then one morning I realized that Feb 1 is on Sunday so I panicked because I needed to prepare presents for them. It’s her birthday too and I already got her a present but V-Day, I only have one or two. I needed to send her the gifts because they are based in Singapore so time was of the essence.

So if you find yourself in the same situation, here are 3 gift ideas for you.




This one is for my cute nephew. Love this heart gift bag.

IMG_1253

I filled it with goodies such as Goldfish crackers, M&M’s cookies, some Koala cookies and Tim Tam wafers. I’m not sure if he is ready/allowed to eat these things but what the heck. It’s V-Day and some chocolate is needed! My son and I love these snacks, by the way.

IMG_1258

I also included this shape sorter which I contemplated removing from the packaging but decided not to. There are 2 sets in one pack. I just placed a heart sticker to close the bag and wrote a note.

IMG_1257

This one is for my SIL. The Chinese takeout box is from my gift wrapping stash. That’s another heart sticker. I just filled this with Loacker wafers, some M&M’s and some red Hello Kitty candies.

IMG_1256

I also put this strawberry keychain which is really purple. I don’t know what the camera did. I got this keychain in Baguio.

IMG_1259

This one is for my BIL… bless his heart. I always don’t know what to give him! It’s just so hard to figure out what he likes. Sometimes when I think I got him all figured out, it all blows up in my face. So I think food is a safe gift. I got this blue basket at the last minute, same as the heart gift bag. I ran out of heart stickers so I just stuck a paper tag with a note on the wrapper.

IMG_1260


I put some Pepero and Tim Tam wafers and biscuits.


IMG_1261

I wrapped the two gifts in clear V-day wrap with heart print. The Chinese takeout box, I left as is. I then shipped everything to the province.

Lady E’s Quick Tip

I have a gift closet which I fill with various gifts all throughout the year. I can easily get last minute presents. I only need to buy some candy or chocolate to go with the presents. This V-Day project was a FAIL because I totally forgot about the date but most of what I need was already in my stash.
I hope you had some inspiration for your own V-Day gifts. I will show you what I got for my SIL’s birthday in my next post so watch out for that.

In the meantime, if you are not subscribed yet, please subscribe to my mailing list on the right so that you won’t miss posts like this.

Comments

Popular Posts