Toddler Activity – Shoot Those Marbles! (14 Months)


IMG_0109

First off. I’d like to apologize for the lack of photos in action for this activity. My son ripped off the tubes as soon as I stuck them on the wall. After several tries I finally managed to stick them without him interfering. I showed him how to play the game but after 2 tries, he got bored and moved on. He never played with it again.

Moving on. This activity is super simple. Just get some kitchen towel tubes. I wrapped ours with pretty Duck Tape but you can leave yours as is. Apply some double-sided tape on the back and stick them on your wall. Make sure that it’s a height your child can comfortably reach. Give him a container of marbles, pompoms or small balls. Shoot them one by one inside the “pipes”. Make sure that you have another container waiting at the end of the tube to catch all the balls. A lot of kids do this activity for at least 30 minutes. It might not have been very successful with my child but that does not mean that it will be the same with yours. There’s nothing to lose anyway. This activity is cheap and simple. If your child likes it then you get 30 minutes of “me time”.

Safety Notes
1. Skip this activity if your child likes to put things in his mouth. Marbles, pompoms and small balls are a choking hazard. Remember, anything larger than a pea is a choking hazard for small children.

2. Always supervise your child while doing this activity. Count the balls before and after the activity to make sure that  you don’t get any accidents.

3. Older kids will have fun with this game too. Just connect more tubes together and make a maze. You will find many inspiration on Pinterest.

If you liked this post, please subscribe to my mailing list on the right. You can also find more toddler activities in my archives.

Comments

Popular Posts